An individual seeking to apply for an apprenticeship as a Funeral Director, must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
(An individual may register with the board after receiving the required bachelors degree.)
- Request an Official College Transcript(s) (Transcripts must come directly from the college and/or university)
- Complete a BCI & FBI Criminal Background Check. The results must be sent to the Board's office and must be sent from the Ohio Attorneys Office. (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account.click here for instructions.
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE." Under Select a License, a drop down will list all of the boards available license applications, at the bottom of the list choose "Registration".
- Complete the REGISTRATION APPLICATION questions and upload the requested documents.
- Application Fee
- Once the Board receives all of the required documents and approves your REGISTRATION APPLICATION, you will be issued a registration number via email to proceed to the next step.
* 4, 5,6, AND 7 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - for the eLicense Portal
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBERS WITH YOU BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS NEXT STEP
After completing the first step, (REGISTRATION) with the Board, an individual seeking to become an apprentice must certify the apprenticeship. Once you have received the registration certificate numbers from the Board, please complete an online apprenticeship certification application, upload the masters certificate, and pay required fee online.
- Have your registration numbers ready. Your registration numbers are used for this process.
- Login in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE" then on the LICENSE SELECTION choose Certified Embalmers Apprenticeship.
- Complete the online registration questions and upload the required documents.
- Application Fee
- THIS PROCESS MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - Apprenticeship Certification Application Portal
Please download and submit the form to the Board through elicense. Select "Options" then select "Submit additional documentation."
Master Quarterly Report Form