An individual seeking to apply for an apprenticeship as an Embalmer, must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
(An individual may register with the board after receiving the required bachelors degree.)
- Request an Official Transcript(s) (Transcripts must come directly from the institution)
- Complete a BCI/FBI Criminal Background Check (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account.click here for instructions.
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE" then on the LICENSE SELECTION choose Registration.
- Complete the online registration questions and upload the requested documents.
- Application Fee
STEPS 4, 5, AND 6 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - Apprentinceship Registration Portal
After registering with the Board, an individual seeking to become an apprentice must certify the apprenticeship. Once you have received the registration certificate from the Board, please complete and submit the apprenticeship certification application, masters statement, and required fee.
Apprenticeship Certification Application Form