An individual seeking to apply for an apprenticeship as an Embalmer, must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
(An individual may register with the board after receiving the required bachelors degree.)
- Request an Official College Transcript(s) (Transcripts must come directly from the college and/or university)
- Complete a BCI/FBI Criminal Background Check (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account.click here for instructions.
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE" then on the LICENSE SELECTION choose Registration.
- Complete the online registration questions and upload the requested documents.
- Application Fee
- Once the Board receives all of the required documents and approves your registration, you will be issued a registration number via email to proceed to the next step.
* 4, 5,6, AND 7 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - Apprentinceship Registration Portal
After registering with the Board, an individual seeking to become an apprentice must certify the apprenticeship. Once you have received the registration certificate from the Board, please complete and submit the apprenticeship certification application, masters certificate, and required fee.
Apprenticeship Certification Application Form
Please download and submit the form to the Board through elicense. Select "Options" then select "Submit additional documentation"
Embalmer Case Report Form
Please download and submit the form to the Board through elicense. Select "Options" then select "Submit additional documentation."
Master Quarterly Report Form