An individual seeking to apply for an Embalmer and Funeral Director Apprenticeship must complete and submit the following items to the Board:
- An Official College Transcript(s)
(The Board must receive the Transcript(s) directly from the college and/or university)
- An official BCI and FBI Criminal Background Check from an authorized location. (CLICK HERE FOR LOCATIONS)
(The Board must receive the BCI and FBI Criminal Background Check results directly from the Ohio Attorney General, not from a licensee nor any other entity)
- Create an Ohio eLicense account. (CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS)
- Once logged in to your account, click "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE". Under Select a License, a drop down will list all of the available license applications, at the very top of the drop down list choose "Certified Embalmer Apprenticeship". Once the Certified Embalmer Apprenticeship is completed and paid for, 4, 5, and 6 MUST BE COMPLETED AGAIN FOR THE "Certified Funeral Director Apprenticeship".
- Complete the application questions and upload the requested document, including the Master's Certificate.
- Pay the application fee online.
- * 4, 5, and 6 MUST BE COMPLETED TWICE IF APPLYING FOR BOTH AN EMBALMERS LICENSE AND A FUNERAL DIRECTORS LICENSE.
To get started click here - for the eLicense Portal
Please upload and submit the apprenticeship form into your account created in elicense. Do not mail the form to the Board. Use the "Options" tab to submit additional documentation.
Master Quarterly Report Form